-
Junior Member
registered user
TDK branded media, 8x, bang, first burn, no problems, verified the data cleanly, booted without hiccup. Fantastic, I could barely contain the excitement, I had to have a beer to calm down. It was worth it, three days of fighting later, I have a booting Linux CD!
Thanks for all your help guys, for anyone else out there having trouble with dubious media, try a branded disk. I'm assuming that because the file system is compressed, it's fussier about the burn quality, hence the low speed.
Now I'm off to try and resolve my problems with the DVD download...
Callum.
Similar Threads
-
By wp51dos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2009, 08:55 PM
-
By ThePotato in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
-
By russtproof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
-
By chefakito in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By chrish in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00