Quote Originally Posted by AngelMercury
So here's the deal. I've downloaded the iso and burned it, and knoppix boots up but says it can't find a knoppix file system and gives me the limited shell.
See answer #1, but read the rest of my response below also.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelMercury
I need to go into my windows directory and change the name of or just plain delete the files running the virus. I know which ones and where they are,....
Since you didn't bother to tell us what windows system you are running we can only guess. I'll guess XP, and if I'm correct you very likely have NTFS partitions. With NTFS partitions you will not be able to rename or delete anything with Knoppix (a little gift from Microsoft, not Linux's fault). Answer #6 touches on this and also tells you what you need to know if you are not using NTFS partitions.