Trying to make the switch from lilo to grub and having some difficulties. Here is my setup:
I have three partitions;
sda1 - Fedora Core
sda2 - Swap
sda3 - ext2 for poor man's knoppix boot
I am trying to boot a "tohd" live CD install, but I keep getting dropped to a limited shell. I can boot using the CD itself. Any help is greatly appreciated. Even if someone could just post their menu.lst from a similar config, I should be albe to figure it out.
Here is my menu.lst (all files referred to by KNOPPIX are installed)
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp.img
title Fedora Core-up (2.6.11-1.1369_FC4)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.img
title KNOPPIX
root (hd0,2)
kernel /boot/isolinux/linux 2 fromhd=/dev/sda3 knoppix_dir=KNOPPIX knoppix_name=KNOPPIX lang=us
initrd /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99