-
So I've don a bit more searching (which maybe I should have done before asking questions...) and it seems like I may have to load a seperate driver for my d-link card from http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/ACX111 or possibly a link from d-link support to ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/
I have two problems:
1. there are approximatly 100 different downloads on the ftp.linux site, with varying extensions including tar.gz, tar.bz2 etc... and I don't know which one I need to get. I have the same problem with the ACX website, though there seems to be less choices.
2. Even if I found the right file I wouldn't know how to add it to knoppix. Do I have to use command prompt in knoppix to add the driver everytime I restart knoppix? more importantly, the directions on the acx page tell me that I should decompress the file into knoppix straight from the internet, which is tough, considering that I need the file to access the internet. Could I download the file in windows and then type it's location from the HD after "wget" (eg wget C:\knoppix driver\acx-20060215.tar.bz2)
I am probably wrong about all of this, but whatever...
Similar Threads
-
By ralien in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
-
By halprinz in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2006, 03:39 AM
-
By hunterpritchett in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2006, 08:34 AM
-
By SpongeBob in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM
-
By gradnite in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-X6904-40G-2T 4-Port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
$299.00