Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 5.0 & rt2500

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NE Arkansas
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix 5.0 & rt2500

    I have done everything that gets my rt2500 up & running under Knoppix 3.9 & no matter what I do I get:
    "aborted network switching due to invalid wep key specification". Rat droppings!

    I have even set my router's WEP key to open & my rt2500 WEP key to open and still get the error.

    My laptop won't boot with the nosmp cheat code.

    Is it ndiswrapper again or does someone know how to get this working using the builtin driver?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    I have a similar problem with my wi-fi connection. I initially thought that it was something with my router, but I have begun to suspect that it is my wi-fi card as a friend of mine can connect to my wep incrypted network just fine with the same distro. I am using a Dell TruMobile 1300 wi-fi card which is manufactured by Broadcom, which is supposed to have awful/non-existant linux support. I finally managed to get my wi-fi card working with ndiswrapper and the Linuxant driver loader, but I also would get the invalid WEP Key specification error. I believe that my wi-fi card and not the router simply does not and possibly cannot support DHCP since I have also done everything I can think of to get my wi-fi card working with WEP in linux and still can't connect but I can get it to connect in windows which is what has led me to the conclusion since windows doesn't use DHCP the card is able to connect properly and is a cheap piece of crap since DHCP is a common protocol, perhaps the same is true of yours if that is even the case with mine.......

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.2 and rt2500 wireless
    By snakedriver in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
  2. A fix for RT2500 wireless chip?
    By ry-ry in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 08:02 PM
  3. Knoppix 4.0 DVD & rt2500 wireless
    By snakedriver in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 11:53 PM
  4. rt2500 wlan driver and SMP kernel
    By ketilfroyn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 02:35 AM
  5. i am very depressed! rt2500 hangs system
    By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00