-
problems with the home folder when remastering
I want to make a knoppix cd which should have a customized home folder (every file in this home folder should stay, also things on the Desktop and all the (dot-)files and (dot-)directories etc.) .
With a persistent knoppix image (knoppix.img) feature, I would like to be able to change (delete, add, remove) files from that home dir.
-->so I simply want to make a knoppix live cd with a default (remastered) home dir, which can be changed with the knoppix.img-feature.
I don't know how exactly, but knoppix deletes files from the home folder when booting. I allready looked at this forum (probably I have to change the file 45xsession) but I didn't find a clear answer.
Thanks in advance!
Gr HEndrik
Similar Threads
-
By mben in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 01:13 PM
-
By Martin_D in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2005, 03:37 PM
-
By kayodeok in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 05:05 PM
-
By silence in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
-
By lcstark in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board
$599.00

Vintage PCA P5000HX2 CPU
$1059.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00