I was wondering what I need to edit to replace cloop with squashfs? I've built a kernel with squashfs support but what next?
I was wondering what I need to edit to replace cloop with squashfs? I've built a kernel with squashfs support but what next?
Firmsy told here in another tread that he's going to do a howto of replacing cloop to squashfs. Just wait until he has time to do thatOriginally Posted by noob001
But something to ponder. If you want to use squashfs to make bigger KNOPPIX image than 2 gig, I have news for you. Believe it or not but cloop device don't have that 2 gig limit if you change some things in minirt.gz's linuxrc file.
If you change test -f to test -r in linuxrc, that's it! At this time I have 2066 MB /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX image and it boots fine. Hope that someone could tell me, why is this. But anyhow, it works!
-tapsa-
Tr
Wow. Can you explain that in a little more detail?
tapsa
I'm still working on a 3.7 remaster Do you think it will still work? I found several instances of test -f. Mostly related to scsi. Or is it time to start over on the remaster with a new version of KNOPPIX.
Why not? Knoppix 3.7 didn't use unionfs by default. With Debian it is not so important what version you have if you do apt-get dist-upgrade. My version has been Debian unstable and only minor troubles has been along the way. Changing from my X.org 6.9 to X.org 7.0 was solved by Kanotix's scripts - thanks to Kano for his excellent work.Originally Posted by nvgringo
But if you are not in a hurry, wait until Knoppix 5.0.1 is released and use it as a base in your remasterings. It makes your life little easierIn there is also that 'test 'r' used instead of 'test -f'.
I noticed that 2 gig limit can be exceeded in my own remastering because my KNOPPIX image was little over 2048 MB and I forget to check that - and couldn't boot with my old minirt.gz using my old linuxrc. It didn't boot because 2 gig limit was exceeded. But I had also some testing minirt.gz files - one was using linuxrc from Knoppix 5.0 and it booted! Then I compared those two linuxrc files with 3diff3 and noticed that difference in using test program. Changing -f to -r solved my 2 gig limit problem! Now my KNOPPIX image is about 2.2 gig and I can install new programs without thinking that 2 gig limit!
Here's an example using 'test 'r':
-tapsa-Code:if test -r /cdrom/$KNOPPIX_DIR/$KNOPPIX_NAME; then echo -n "${CRE} ${GREEN}Accessing KNOPPIX ${MEDIUM} at ${MAGENTA}$i${GREEN}...${NORMAL}" FOUND_KNOPPIX="$i"

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell R740XD All Flash 2U Server Full 24 x U.2 NVME 2x Xeon 6240R 48 CORE HOMELAB
$849.95
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
DELL R740 8LFF Server 2x Gold 6152 2.1GHz =44 Cores H740p 4xRJ45
$895.00