-
Trying to repair Windows 2000 boot using Knoppix 4.0.2
A Windows 2000 Pro PC won't boot. It comes up with the error message "NTOSKRNL.EXE error or corrupt".
Probably a virus. I've upload NTOSKRNL.EXE to an FTP site. I booted Knoppix 4.0.2 from CD and downloaded
"NTOSKRNL.EXE" from the FTP site but discovered that I can't write to /mnt/hda1/winnt/system32 or anywhere
else on the harddisk. I've tried "chmod 777 system32" at /mnt/hda1/winnt in the command console but
Knoppix says "Read-only file system".
So the question is, how do you write to /mnt/hda1 or any hard disk ?
or am I barking up the wrong tree ?
Similar Threads
-
By alvey in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
-
By jdong in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 86
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
-
By Graham Nichols in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 09:15 PM
-
By Termina in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:15 AM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

VeloCloud Edge 840/Supermicro 505-2 Server 32GB RAM/Intel Xeon D1518/240GB SSD
$325.00

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99