It depend which knoppix are you using, more exactly 'which kernel are you using'.
Afaik only kernel 2.6 support usb 2.00. So if your knoppix vers. is lower than 3.8 and you boot with the default 2.4 kernel, that's why it is so slow.
I'm am transferring data from a internal drive to a external usb 2.0 drive but I am only getting speeds of 1.5mb/s. Anyone know why I can't get speeds faster than that since its using usb 2.0. I have a usb 2.0 pci card to.
It depend which knoppix are you using, more exactly 'which kernel are you using'.
Afaik only kernel 2.6 support usb 2.00. So if your knoppix vers. is lower than 3.8 and you boot with the default 2.4 kernel, that's why it is so slow.
I'm not sure what the Kernel version is but I'm using Knoppix 4.02 so I'm guessing the kernel is later than 2.8. Do I need to load a module or something to get those speeds? If so which module?
Kernel 2.8 doesn't exist, 2.6 is the last![]()
Anyway you're not lucky, knoppix 4.0.2 comes with a usb bug![]()
What version support usb 2.0 high speed, do you know?
All starting from 3.4. Just consider that in knoppix 3.4 and 3.7 booting with the kernel 2.6 is an option (not default, coming this versions with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels) while in 3.8 and higer it is 'the only kernel' and so the default.Originally Posted by play1962

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99