-
autodetecting devices
I have one last problem, to make my knoppix home dir prmanent I've commented that rsync block in 45xsession, problem is, now when I boot into my remastered CD there are no device icons on the desktop... (those icons for hard disk drives, cdroms and such...) They all appear at once when I insert a new device in to the computer such as the USB memory stick, I want them to be there from the beggining... Thx
-
I believe they are not appearing because you have commented out the rsync block in 45xsession. As you are probably aware, the rsync block copies /etc/skel to /home/user (normally knoppix) on boot up. Contained in /etc/skel are some KDE configuration settings that are not being synced as well.
What is your requirement for a permanent home directory? Or do you mean persistent home directory of which there are cheat codes available for?
Similar Threads
-
By fjennin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-10-2005, 12:13 AM
-
By britt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 02:42 PM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By knoob in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:58 AM
-
By surge84 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50