Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HELP PLEASE!!! -- Network Issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    HELP PLEASE!!! -- Network Issues

    Hi,

    I am very new to Linux (this is my second day!), and I am having great difficulty getting a link to the outside world. The LAN seems to work (I think), but I can not download Knoppix / Myth / Knoppmyth / etc updates. So, can somebody point me to a simple (for I am simple with all things Linex at the moment) guide to setting up a network on Linux. All the material that I have read to date just makes things worse.

    So, I guess I need to set / confirm my IP Address (in Knoppix and MythTV) of the machine, set the default gateway, set-up DNS and make Eth0 work generally.

    Any tips?

    Regards,

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale
    Posts
    7

    Tip #1

    Try including information about your computer. Wireless or wired NIC? Knoppix version 4.0?

Similar Threads

  1. A couple of Network (wifi) issues on a 3.3 based HDD Install
    By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
  2. HD install, network connectivity and su issues
    By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99