-
Junior Member
registered user
Live CD Knoppix won't recognize HP LaserJet5
I am running Knoppix live CD on a diskless PC. I know that the printer, cable, ports, etc work fine because when this PC had a disk it was running Windows XP (vomit) and I printed without problems for years. Then the hard disk died and I disconnected the hard disk ribbon cable inside the PC and am now using the great Knoppix live CD on a diskless PC and I suppose anyone who was hacking me with spyware is unable to now..... Anyhow, I can browse and download, but I can't print. Any help is greatly appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You have to set the printer up like this:-
Kmenu - KNOPPIX - Configure - configure printer(s)
enter root password (blank on live CD - so you may need to open a root shell and enter a password with 'passwd' to get past this stage).
Select Add - Add Printer/Class this gives you a wizard, select 'HP' and then scroll down the list to 'laserjet 5' and follw the wizard through. (including printing a test page).
That should do it.
Stoo.....
Similar Threads
-
By Ian111384 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
-
By inkexit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
-
By klifnor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$29.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00