I have a USB external hard drive which contains mosty of my movies, and all my music. I ran Knoppix 4.0, then later that day went back onto windows XP. The computer recognizes the drive, and I see a drive letter, but anytime a program attempts to access a file on that drive, the program locks up. When I try to access through My Computer, it gives me "the request could not be performed because of an I/O read error".
The weird part is now, that the hard drive works fine on Knoppix, but not Windows anymore.
How do I un-goof this?

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
32x F5 NETWORKS 10gbe OPT001600 F5UPGSFPR 10GBASESR SFP transceiver G1N
$336.00