-
Remastering for public terminal
I would like to remaster Knoppix (or find a viable alternative boot-from-CD OS) so that it will be useful on a public terminal. This terminal is for inexperienced computer users at a local hotel. Before, they were using windows (!!!?!) on a hard drive so you can imagine what type of stuff the people saw day to day - Knoppix has been a godsend for this hotel.
To make it more useful on these terminals, I need to prevent the users from shutting down the computer, ejecting the CD drive, changing the language during the session, and automatically choosing english at startup. It would be helpful if I could customize and do away with the other prompts during startup so it is a completely streamlined startup.
Is there any way to accomplish all of the above, with Knoppix or any other boot-from-cd OS? Also, I think this will be important - I don't have access to a Linux box.
Thanks,
Charlie
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try the stallion live cd. It used to be hosted at livecd.net & maybe it still is but I have not been able to find it. I found a ISO for you:
http://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribuci....net/stallion/
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-20-2008, 12:52 PM
-
By ryanpq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 05:35 PM
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 12:31 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By bkw1a in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM System Z10 Type 2098 Mainframe (As-Is)
$6999.99