-
set swap file on boot up
Hi, linux novice here-
During boot up from the cd, I get to the point where it says I don't have enough memory. I agree to create the swap file and so it goes to the screen where it shows what it's going to create"( ) /dev/hda1 ..." and at the bottom I choose Ok or Cancel. When I choose Ok, it does nothing. Do I need to indicate some way that i agree to the designated swap file? If so, what's the key sequence to do that, so I can then say Ok?
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: set swap file on boot up
Hello, fr3dt3ch,

Originally Posted by
fr3dt3ch
I agree to create the swap file and so it goes to the screen where it shows what it's going to create"( ) /dev/hda1 ..." and at the bottom I choose Ok or Cancel.
You need to press the space bar so that an "X" appears in between the parenthesis next to the partition on which you wish to create the swapfile. If you've done that and Knoppix still appears to do nothing, tell us what type of file system is on /dev/hda1.
Please let us know how things go.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Similar Threads
-
By Ham13 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-20-2007, 07:31 PM
-
By hitchup in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2006, 09:50 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
-
By lgriske in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 06:31 AM
-
By lockejr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00