The key might be with the statement "Bad Superblock". It usually means that something is wrong with the boot sector on the drive. Probably corrupted or worse. Linux may be no more effective than Windows itself in recovering it. You should look through the Microsoft site for answers. I would use the recovery console, or BartPE to repair the failure. Might be as simple as a one line command in the recovery console. Fixmbr might be the one if I remember. Haven't blown up a Windows box in a while, so the memory is not that good. Seems like all the previous versions of Window$ just meld together after a while.

Since it happened to be unusually powered down, it probably did corrupt the drive. How bad and what was corrupted would be dependant upon what was being written at the time.

I would certainly try Microsofts tools for this before trying exotic methods and making matters worse.