Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: hda: lost interrupt

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30

    hda: lost interrupt

    Hi,

    I have been running Knoppix 4.0.2 hard disk install for several months and lately I have been having trouble when I reboot my PC. The boot procedure will hang with the message "hda: lost interrupt". If I cycle power, it may boot OK. It used to be that one power off cycle would allow the knoppix to boot, but lately the number of power cycles has grown. The last time I rebooted it took six power cycles. Surprisingly, I have had no trouble booting live CD's like the Knoppix 4.0.2 CD or Mepis or Kubuntu 6.06 LTS. Once I do succeed botting the system, it seems to run fine. My current uptime is 6 days, 12 hours.

    I thought it might be a heat problem, but I have let the system set overnight before trying to boot it and it didn't seem to make any difference.

    smartctl indicates no errors, so I think that a disk problems are not the explanation.

    I have an inexpensive motherboard with VIA KM266Pro Northbridge and VT8235 Southbridge chipsets which provide the Ultra DMA ATA133/100/66/33. My cpu is an AMD Sempron 2800. Is that likely to be the problem?

    I am running kernel 2.6.12. Is there is a known device driver problem for my IDE hardware?

    The next time I have to reboot, I will install 5.0.1 to see if that makes a difference.

    I would appreciate any suggestions, before I replace my system board, CPU and memory. Also, I am not pleased with the prospect of giving up Knoppix.

    Thanks in advance,
    Don

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    boot with cheatcode:
    knoppix noapic

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30

    hda: lost interrupt

    Underscore,

    Thanks for your suggestion. I am so gunshy about booting that I will wait until I have to reboot to test the option. I have added the option to my grub configuration so when I next have to reboot, I will give it a try.

    Thanks Again,

    Don

Similar Threads

  1. Lost interrupt Error Message
    By Matabus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 06:30 AM
  2. Dell IDE drives & Lost Interrupt
    By ps56k in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 10:27 PM
  3. hde : lost interrupt (desktop machine)
    By Yakumo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 10:03 PM
  4. lost interrupt - no loading
    By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 02:13 AM
  5. hda: lost interrupt
    By bureado in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99