-
Video not working in 640x480
I'm new to Linux (as most people seem to be)
I've got knoppix 4.something running of a LiveCD on my Sony Vio Laptop.
everything works great but 640x480 rez. When I try to set my screen rez down to 640x480 the picture gets all messed up.
Normaly this would not be a problem (why would I want to go down to 640x480?). But, when I try to play any games full screen (exp. Frozen-Bubble) the same thing happens. I'm guessing because they try to reset the screen rez to 640x480.
In windows I would guess that I have the wrong drivers installed. In Linux I have no clue what to do.
durning boot up the following is printed on the screen:
Code:
ATI:Raden IGP 340m, using XFree86(fbdev)Server
Monitor is Generic Monitor, H:28.0-96.0KHz, V:50.0-75.0Hz
Using Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
Thanks for any help you can give.
Similar Threads
-
By petebarchetta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2009, 03:45 PM
-
By Yakovcs in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 05:58 PM
-
By Brudus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
-
By ravenmore in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:00 AM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 02:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00