Dear tapsa,
iYES!!! your solution working as a dream.
Thanks a lot again!!!
B. R.
Dear tapsa,
it is very nice to have the solution on this problem.
Thanks a lot. I will try it on Monday!!!!
B. R.
Dear tapsa,
iYES!!! your solution working as a dream.
Thanks a lot again!!!
B. R.
Dear tapsa, Dear All
regarding the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file, do you know where used and why, especially in case of full Hard Disk installation?
It is strange but if I removed the file, the KDE can started but I loss the screen resolution, it is not possible to get 1280x1024 (I got 1024x76. If I put back the 45xsession and ofcourse I restart the kdm (/etc/init,d/kdm restart) I have back my good 1280x1024 resolution...
Strange e?...
Please is there somebody that can help me to get rid of the 45xsession file???
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
You should NOT have 45xsession after hd installation. It is used ONLY in liveCD sto start window managers. After hd installation you usually have KDM where you login to X and KDE. Of course you can enable AutoLogin from /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc, too.Originally Posted by mikekgr
But your problem. What happens to other usernames? Does same problem exist in them, too? If not, your problem is with /home/user_name or in /tmp permissions or settings. Perhaps renaming /home/user_name/.kde to something else and copying new KDE settings from /etc/skel/.kde helps (cp -rp /etc/skel/.kde /home/user_name/.kde and chown -R user_name:group_name /home/user_name/.kde). Be sure that owner of /tmp, /tmp/.ICE-unix and /tmp/.X11-unix is root and permissions are 1777 (use command la to check this):
On thing more: What options are available ins /etc/X11/xorg.conf in Section "Screen"?. I think that Knoppix liveCD uses Knoppix specific /usr/sbin/mkxorgconfig file to build xorg.conf file.Code:drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 112 2006-09-10 17:06 .ICE-unix drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 72 2006-09-10 17:06 .X11-unix
Dear tapsa,
from the beginning (since 2004) this knoppix hard disk installation (Debian like) uses 45xsession although I use kdm as login manager (normally started from /etc/init.d/kdm start) I don't know why. If I remove it, then, it is possible to have kde running (first kdm at 1280x1024 and then kde at 1024x768!!!) but with screen resolution funny problems!!!
I will check all these that you wrote to me (many thanks) and I will let you know.
It is common now, always I suffer from strange problems tho...
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
SOLVED!
The problem related with the KDE screen resolution it was related to a kde program that sets kde resolution and by mistake had set 1024x768.
Now all working fine AND without 45xsession.
Mr. tapsa again many thanks.
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00