Oh, so these are the compiled programs??? I couldn't get them to work before, so I thought they were compiled libraries for Qt. When I unzipped them, they were not executable, I suppose I could chmod....
Thanx,
they are static and dynamic binaries not libraries!I looked at the static and dynamic libraries
execute themwhat exactly can I do with these???
FYI, the rgXnetchess static binary works fine on my debian woody installs but won't run on my knoppix or morphix machines, maybe try the dynamic rgXnetchess binary.
rock
Oh, so these are the compiled programs??? I couldn't get them to work before, so I thought they were compiled libraries for Qt. When I unzipped them, they were not executable, I suppose I could chmod....
Thanx,
If after chmoding them they won't work it's because of something caused by knoppix or morphix, because they run on my woody install just fine.
You may need to build a debian system for your server and use knoppix for your clients.
rock
Yup, I got the same results as you did, Rock. I tried both the static and dynamic binaries, chmoded them to 755 and couldn't execute either one of them neither from a regular shell nor from a roor shell. I tried root shell because bash was saying that the file wasn't there when I tried to run it, but it was there when I chmoded and its still there under ls - what gives?
I guess I'm going to have to wait until my new lab comes in and see how it works with knx-hdinstall. That's what you mean by a debian woody, right? I haven't used debian much....
Thanx anyway!
Regards,
OK, I tried both the rgXnetchess and the rgXnetchess_static binaries on my knx-hdinstalled PC and no go. Is this what you mean by a woody install? What am I missing here??Originally Posted by RockMumbles
TIA,
Again you'll have to do a hd install but you might want to look into the FreeICS project, I think they have a sourceforge site.
I don't use knoppix or morphix for hd installs except for playing around they usually last me a few weeks or so, I've had too many problems trying to get things how I want them and too many corrupted filesystems with knoppix, one just this week. Most of my knoppix use is running it live from cd.
I use Libranet for a basic debian woody install and then build the system to my liking. I have better font rendering and a more stable system with "libranet" than with a knoppix or morphix hd install, and for some reason the knoppix and morphix installs seem slower on my old hardware. I use a bunch of backported packages so I have a "stable" system with pretty new packages installed. For me stability and reliability is the most important factor.they run on my woody install just fine
rock

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
$280.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00