I had the same problem with an
HP LaserJet 4L and
HP PSC 750 Printer.
When selecting the driver I selected "ESP HPLaserjetSeries" and "ESP HPDeskjetSeries" and now both are working perfectly.
The reason why I don't know.
Keep on printing ...
When I try to configure my network printer, HP Deskjet 3420, it tells me that it cannot find the driver or I don't have permission. This is after it finds the printer on the network and I select the make and model from the menus. This works fine on the 4.02 dvd. Any ideas?
I had the same problem with an
HP LaserJet 4L and
HP PSC 750 Printer.
When selecting the driver I selected "ESP HPLaserjetSeries" and "ESP HPDeskjetSeries" and now both are working perfectly.
The reason why I don't know.
Keep on printing ...

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands
$249.95
Retro Rare Vintage TransWarp GS Accelerator Card Apple IIGS Applied Engineering
$499.00
6 Vintage 1999 Apple iMac Mouse G3 Promotional Sales Brochure Booklets 3x5 4x6
$35.00
Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer A2S2064 Apple Computer Model IIe untested
$199.99
Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD
$299.99
Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras
$149.99
Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99
VINTAGE Apple IIc A2S4000 for parts as it is no power adapter or charger
$149.99