Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to tackle this error?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2

    How to tackle this error?

    Hi,

    My USB mass storage device has got a hidden partition, I believe, and I was trying to use QTParted (4.4?) to clean up the disk under Knoppix Live CD. However. when I mounted it as a HDD and clikced on the drive on the left handside panel, it gives me an error message
    saying "Critical error during ped_disk_new!"

    Could someone here, who has the QTParted knowledge, please explain to me what's wrong with the disk?

    The disk was mounted by as /UNONFS/dev/hda

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Natchez, MS USA
    Posts
    7
    Please check what your are doing. I do not think your USB drive will ever show up as hda1.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by gwb63
    Please check what your are doing. I do not think your USB drive will ever show up as hda1.
    I'm talking about hda and you are talking about hda1 which confuses me, mate!

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    51
    hda is a drive, not a partition. The partitions on drive hda are called hda1, hda2, hda3, .... and so on.

    By the way, USB drives will most likely be drives calles sda (or sdb, sdc, ...) , not hda! With hda you will adress an internal IDE drive. Take care of your data!
    (Thus, partitions on sda will be called sda1, sda2, .....)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Natchez, MS USA
    Posts
    7
    formlessv .... Sorry when I responded to your query, I was typing from memory ( probably not a good idea when you are older ) and I typed hda1 instead of hda. In any case, posmonet expanded on the matter much better. The point is that you must be careful when trying to partition or format USB or Firewire drives. I have never seen any such drive show up as hda, but I have also never seen a pink elephant.....so who am I?

Similar Threads

  1. ERROR" Error while trying to run xvier
    By explorer in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 12:16 PM
  2. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  3. mkisofs error: end request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy...
    By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
  4. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$20.70



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99