-
Searching for CD: then dropped in shell!
I am trying to use Knoppix to access an old laptop drive that has Windows user accounts that are protected by Windows XP.
I burned my CD from an ISO download. It pops up fine, I hit enter it finds USB/firewire devices, enables DMA acceleration for hda and hdc. Then it says "Looking for CD in: /dev/hdc" for a long time.... it seems to freeze.
I get an error message: "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell."
I have a HP Pavillion dv5000 laptop. This is Knoppix 5.0.1.
Suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By 77yrold in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
-
By Lilbaby in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-11-2008, 01:26 PM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
-
By brianfay in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
-
By deadsoul in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Magitronic AT-I/O 8-Bit ISA Parallel Serial Game Port Card XT AT PC Vintage PC
$46.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65