Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remaster - "vsync=82 hsync=150" by default

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fürth,Germany
    Posts
    2

    Remaster - "vsync=82 hsync=150" by default

    Hello Folks,

    I used remaster_0.1-6_i386.deb to remaster the knoppix 4.0.2. and it worked quite fine.
    I changed some stuff in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig as descriped in "Knoppix Remastering Howto Deutsch" below "Notizen:" (meaning "notes:").

    I want to give the parameters "vsync=82 hsync=150" by default to the kernel.
    These should be altered if the user needs to have other values just like the behavior of other parameters found in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.

    Unfortunately I cannot find vsync or hsync in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.

    How can I put the parameters in the remastered knoppix?
    Do I have to hack somewhere in /cdrom/boot/isolinux?

    I used to build a personal knoppix years ago without remastering, just altering the default boot parameters, but I lost the info how doing so

    Greetings
    Dietmar

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fürth,Germany
    Posts
    2

    Re: Remaster - "vsync=82 hsync=150" by default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dietmar
    How can I put the parameters in the remastered knoppix?
    Do I have to hack somewhere in /cdrom/boot/isolinux?
    I think I found the answer myself.
    Its all in cdrom/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg and the solution was "Localize-Knoppix-HOWTO.html" from knoppix-customize_0.07-2_i386.deb

    Sorry for bothering the forum

    Greetings
    Dietmar

Similar Threads

  1. Make "myconf=scan" default
    By swp009 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
  2. Only Default "Linux" will boot
    By richb in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:27 AM
  3. What is the default "/root" password?
    By villain_2006 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:45 AM
  4. Default Applications for file extention "types"
    By wmcn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 06:54 PM
  5. vncserver startup fails on "default font 'fixed'"
    By andyed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile

$35.00