Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 5.0.1 CD / home= cheat code problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6

    Knoppix 5.0.1 CD / home= cheat code problem

    Hi,

    I have created a persistent home directory image file on /dev/hda3 from the knoppix menu.

    It is mounted correctly when I pass the kernel parameter home=scan on boot and then select OK in the box that will show up...

    But I can't make it work by specifying home=/dev/hda3 (it says so on the boot screen help...) or home=/mnt/hda3/knoppix.img (it says so in the html cheat code list on the cd...). It will mount the /dev/hda3 partition but it won't mount the persistent image... And on boot it won't print any lines on the screen about being found or mounted or something like that...

    What am I doing wrong? Any ideas how I can specify my home directory image??

    Thanks in advance,
    marx

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    77

    knoppix 5.0.1 cheat codes

    This new version gave us another file name. It's media. So use:
    knoppix myconfig=/media/hda3.

    However, you only need to use the cheat codes only when you use the basic 'configure' to the HD.
    With persistant home all I need to do is just enter (without any cheatcodes) at boot then when the persistant dialog box appears I just switch to OK and everything is there from the last time.

    BTW, so far I haven't seen any revised cheatcodes for the 5.0 series yet.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6
    Thanks, WaKa!

    That just means that I can't boot up without human interaction. Not perfect, but I guess that's good enough for now.

    Thanks again,
    marx

Similar Threads

  1. bootfrom cheat code not in knoppix v6.2 anymore
    By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 01:46 AM
  2. Which cheat code to use for booting problem?
    By mickcyc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:32 PM
  4. Mounting SMBFS under Knoppix 2 cheat code
    By Wrfl-icon in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 10:38 PM
  5. What does 'home=scan' cheat code do?
    By audioaficionado in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer picture

Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer

$200.00



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 130 PDA - Working, Clean + Batteries & Extras

$149.99



Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED picture

Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED

$199.00



Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15

Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15" LCD Screen A1001

$79.99



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue "Hockey Puck" Mac Mouse - Free S/H

$24.99



Apple iBook M6411 G3 Clamshell Laptop Vintage Untested AS-IS picture

Apple iBook M6411 G3 Clamshell Laptop Vintage Untested AS-IS

$149.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



3 Boxes-Vintage Apple Claris Macwrite MacPaint MacDraw - Sealed - NOS Rare 1988 picture

3 Boxes-Vintage Apple Claris Macwrite MacPaint MacDraw - Sealed - NOS Rare 1988

$74.99