Do you really need to skip detection of the network interfaces, or just skip the DHCP network configuration? Will knoppix nodhcp solve your problem?
It won't boot if I don't. I don't want to skip detection of other stuff, if possible. Only network cards. TIA
Do you really need to skip detection of the network interfaces, or just skip the DHCP network configuration? Will knoppix nodhcp solve your problem?
No, it didn't help. I didn't figure it was the problem anyhow, since it detects the onboard LAN as eth0 and it times out properly, but eth1 (the wireless) doesn't even get that far -- it seems to have a problem with the driver (see another post by CJWertz recently). It's a RALINK 2500 chipset and it doesn't appear to be supported, at least not properly. The drivers provided by RALINK are dated and apparently buggy. There is a project that is updating them and ironing out the bugs, but in either case it would appear that I have to compile them myself, and honestly I don't have the patience to compile drivers (I'd have to install another copy of linux for that somewhere, wouldn't I?) and figure out how to insert them into the ISO image, etc.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00