Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem with AbiWord and CUPS

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30

    Problem with AbiWord and CUPS

    I have just spent a couple of days trying to figure out why cupsys would not run. When I first did a HD install of 5.0.1, I was able to configure my printer and use it. After a few days and a bunch of software installs, I was no longer able to print. In fact, after booting the system cupsd would not be running and I when I tried restarting it I would get a message like: cupsd: child failed with error 127. (That is a paraphrase.)


    After spending considerable time, I found that doing a clean HD install followed by an install of AbiWord using synaptic would kill cupsd and leave me without printing. It must have brought in something that clashed with CUPS.

    I think I shall stay away from AbiWord for a while. Too bad, I like the program.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Try This

    I can sympathize. I don't use Abiword anymore either. I would get weird errors with it. Too bad. It seems like such a nice word processor.

    I did have a similar experience as you with it wiping out my printing.

    I fixed it by reinstalling cupsys.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. CUPS Problem
    By schyler in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 12:30 AM
  2. lexmark printer problem under CUPS
    By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. abiword printing with cups..?
    By _jz_ in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
  4. CUPS Problem
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
  5. CUPS Problem
    By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module picture

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module

$292.66



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00