-
Re: ndiswrapper in 5.01 won't work for me

Originally Posted by
mpn
I downloaded the latest knoppix and burned it onto CD, but the ndiswrapper won't work. I configure it through the kde desktop program and it says
"The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file?"
Ndiswrapper works fine in knoppix 4.0 using the same drivers and setup. What is wrong? Do I need to install a new ndiswrapper over it?
I have to load "boot: knoppix nohwsetup home=/dev/sdb1/knoppix" to prevent hardware configuration from hanging.
I got the same message in KDE ndiswrapper. Furthermore, when I use ndiswrapper as root in Konsole, the driver will install and then the session hangs up when I enter
ndiswrapper -l
I wrote a script that worked perfectly in PCLOS. I like Knoppix better, except for this , and so I'd like to get it to work. There was mention in the PCLOS Wiki of a package called "wireless tools." I've done everything in Knoppix that I did in PCLOS and these problems come up (i.e., I have all the necessary files in the directory, etc.)
Is there a way I can boot that will detect the device without hanging up the whole boot process?
Thanks,
Joel
Similar Threads
-
By Kaishain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
-
By karthiven in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 10:28 PM
-
By Chowderman in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 05:22 AM
-
By tr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99