This problem is often seen with a bad burn, bad media, or a burn done at high speed, or a marginal optical drive. I don't have enough information to say if any of these things affect you.
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda.../cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
My keyboard seems to not function as well.
I've tried the nodma and failsafe options but both didn't make a difference.
Any ideas?
This problem is often seen with a bad burn, bad media, or a burn done at high speed, or a marginal optical drive. I don't have enough information to say if any of these things affect you.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I've made two burns on different computers... I've used these CDs before for other burns and they worked fine. I still get the same error. Maybe I got a bad iso file? What's the next step in the troubleshooting process?
See answer #1, it covers your bad iso question and a lot more. How fast did you do those two burns?Originally Posted by wgh
The latest knoppix 5.0.1 CD has the media file now implemented at boot. So if you used the cheat codes try:Code:Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda.../cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error
knoppix myconf=/media/hda...
I have the same problem too
and I try what Wka suggested but it still doesn't work
The CD is located at /dev/hda? My CD is at /dev/hdcCode:Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda.../cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error
How is your box configured? Cause hda is usually the HDD.
I had a while back i had a gateway on the HDD with hde.
Or are u using the poor mans install?
BTW, If you have Linux or Windows on the HDD you can double check the CD. There should be a number of icons there.
Another thought: Either make your BIOS start your CD first or if you have an F12 just before boot to the menu and choose CD.
Read here. It's Mr Kuhmans' notes. It's very informative.
Read and re-read it all!!
Perhaps I missed the solution to the posted problems. I am having similar trouble booting Knoppix on two more recent Dell computers. It works on older Dell's. I did try several of the boot options: the failsafe boots but then my keyboard doesn't work. I assume I need to find the correct boot option but don't know what it is.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sounds like in your case the disc is likely good, it's just a hardware issue with Knoppix. I don't know the proper "cheat code" if any, but you might want to look at your system BIOS and see if there is any setting that will help you get the keyboard working, particularly if this is a USB keyboard rather than a standard PS2 style keyboard.Originally Posted by tscott
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Maybe the ACPI is enabled by default in BIOS and there isn“t an option to disable it. try
knoppix noapic acpi=off
hope this helps

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95