Ok, I hadn't used terminal server on a regular Knoppix install but that makes sense.Originally Posted by dolphin
That seems to make sense too.Originally Posted by dolphin
Ok, I hadn't used terminal server on a regular Knoppix install but that makes sense.Originally Posted by dolphin
That seems to make sense too.Originally Posted by dolphin
Yup, but you could also setup one as PXE server, and download an appropriate PXE bootfloppy (~36kb) from http://www.rom-o-matic.net/ to run the rest as clients. Though I don't know how well it would handle 25 clients, like you would need.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
I've tested it with 12 clients, worked quite well.Originally Posted by Henk Poley
Please note that there is also a difference between booting PXE for all your clients or using a ClusterKnoppix CD on each client.
I've added some scripts that when you use the PXE way, all your root@clients or root@master can login as root on all your other clients. (Via RSA keys)
If you use separate CD's, you'll have to do that manually, if you want to run/use OpenMosixView to manage your cluster.
PS: there is also a forum on the ClusterKnoppix homepage http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/ where I'll try to post/answer/fix bugs![]()
dolphin -
I put the openMosix kernel (from clusterKnoppix) on my Morphix (unstable) hd install, it looks like it has the same version of openmosixview (1.4-1), but the unstable version of openmosix (the toolkit) is 0.2.4-5, clusterKnoppix is using openmosix-tools 0.3.1-2.
You are correct, the bad /etc/hpc.map and /etc/openmosix.map files (which used 127.0.0.1 for the ip) on my Morphix box were from the old version of openmosix in debian unstable. The reason I edited /etc/openmosix.map on my clusterKnoppix hd install is because I was getting dpkg errors about it not being able configure the openmosix package and start /etc/init.d/openmosix.
Has anyone booted multiple clusterKnoppix cd's, (I only have one copy of the cd so far) if so did everything work OK, or did you have to do some configuration?
I know everything seems to run fine using clusterKnoppix and using the remote terminal server and 'PXE' booting into a running clusterKnoppix cd.
rockthe important stuff from my openmosix.map file:
...
# MOSIX-# IP number-of-nodes
# ============================
1 *** 192.168.1.66 *** 1
2 *** 192.168.1.65 *** 1
3 *** 192.168.1.67 *** 1
[quote="RockMumbles" Has anyone booted multiple clusterKnoppix cd's, (I only have one copy of the cd so far) if so did everything work OK, or did you have to do some configuration?
[/quote]
I have done this and it seems to work fine. As I recall you don't have to do anything special to get this to work.
What version of clusterKnoppix do you use? I've tried to use the newest (based on the 16 may release) and the previous one, but both fail to init my network card (on-board SiS900). I'm now burning the 16-may 'vanilla' Knoppix to check if something is broken on Knoppix side.
[Edit]It's not Knoppix, I'll burn the clusterKnoppix again, maybe I made a mistake, didn't select burnfree or something...
I need help with a simple cluster knoppix based home network cluster.
I have been running Knoppix for months on 3 amd 1 to 2 ghz machines connected via a 10/100 both from CD and HDINSTALL Knoppix->debian. The machines are connected with an inexpensive
switch with builtin DHCP server. I am relatively inexperienced with Linux, but am learning.
I have downloaded and burned both Cluster Knoppix and Quantian Knoppix CD's with Mosix .
Now what do I do?
What do I do next to start up the cluster. Is there a simple HOWTO?
Do I just put a quantian CD and boot one machine and boot up the others with Knoppix? Do I need to do anything to "start" Mosix.
Do I need to download software to moniter the Mosix operation?
How do I start up in the simplest possible way?
Well did you look at the documentation at the ClusterKnoppix website? It's really straight forward - screenshots and all.
I have followed the steps on http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/doc/xx.html
But after the last step nothing happens. How can i tell if my cluster is working.
How do I get these screenshots where they show 12 nodes being monitored.
Can i add a mac to the cluster.
What is PXE and why is so necessary.
What if I have a parallel code that is supposed to be run on independent processors. Will clusterknoppix be happy with it.

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00