Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Only one processor?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10

    Only one processor?

    Everytime I try to boot the regular way when it starts to load it halts and says "Only one processor found." What does that mean. Everything works fine when I boot using failsafe. I'm just getting into Linux so I'm trying to learn whatever I can. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Only one processor?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomOSX
    Everytime I try to boot the regular way when it starts to load it halts and says "Only one processor found." What does that mean. Everything works fine when I boot using failsafe. I'm just getting into Linux so I'm trying to learn whatever I can. Any ideas?
    Try the cheat code knoppix nosmp when you boot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10
    Ah I fixed it. I had to disable some BIOS stuff. Thanks though.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7
    I had the same problem. What did you have to do in BIOS to fix your box?

Similar Threads

  1. packages - compilation for what processor
    By yshadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 05:14 AM
  2. Error: Only one processor found
    By Aelthric in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
  3. Processor
    By JmanA9 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 03:33 AM
  4. Error: only one processor found
    By jhweeks in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
  5. Error: only one processor found !?!
    By sepht in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog  picture

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog

$85.00



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$69.99



1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800 picture

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800

$59.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00