-
Junior Member
registered user
I found a workaround. I exited /etc/default/knoppix and changed "SYSTEM_TYPE=debian" to "SYSTEM_TYPE=beginner" and the hang went away. The only side-effect is a slower boot, which I'm willing to tolerate. Last night when I tried this my wireless card acquired an IP address without intervention. This morning I had to manually run 'sduo pump -i eth0'. This is a slight annoyance compared to a boot hang and likely something I can work around as well.
Similar Threads
-
By g4hsean in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-27-2006, 05:41 AM
-
By chiph in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By ergo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 03:32 AM
-
By repwatuso in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 08:47 PM
-
By dnt in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00