Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Please help me with creating bootable Knoppix CD!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Please help me with creating bootable Knoppix CD!

    Yesterday I downloaded a free Knoppix 5.01 EN CD version from BitTorrent. But I don`t understand how to make it bootable. I`ve got these files:
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso (winrar)
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso.md5
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso.md5.asc
    KNOPPIX-CHANGELOG.txt
    knoppix-cheatcodes.txt

    I use Nero Express when burning CDs. If I just say to make bootable disc, it asks for some bootable floppy. Do I have to burn these files in "data disc" mode? And will the system boot from it?

    I need Knoppix to boot in one HDD with damaged Windows on it (STOP 0X00000024). Perhaps NTFS drivers have gone...

    Please explain me, I really need help!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Creating a bootable Knoppix CD/DVD
    By dale.brandt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 02:16 AM
  2. Creating A Dos Bootable Device Using Knoppix
    By petewud01 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 02:14 AM
  3. creating the bootable cd
    By neil c in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
  4. I need help creating a custom bootable CD,auto install to HD
    By cobra133 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:34 AM
  5. Creating a Bootable Cd
    By Trav763 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage SMC PC110 ARCNET 8-Bit ISA Network Card Standard Microsystems Corp 1986 picture

Vintage SMC PC110 ARCNET 8-Bit ISA Network Card Standard Microsystems Corp 1986

$112.50



7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC  picture

7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC

$35.98



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



Vintage Retro Handheld Computer 386SX 16MB RAM with SVGA 512KB Video and IPS LCD picture

Vintage Retro Handheld Computer 386SX 16MB RAM with SVGA 512KB Video and IPS LCD

$408.47



ET-286+ Motherboard 286-10MHz w/287 FPU, 1MB RAM Vintage Original Box Mint picture

ET-286+ Motherboard 286-10MHz w/287 FPU, 1MB RAM Vintage Original Box Mint

$99.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac picture

Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac

$299.00



Vintage 1977  Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR)  S-100  Computer Board picture

Vintage 1977 Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR) S-100 Computer Board

$199.99



Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC picture

Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC

$90.00



Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85 picture

Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85

$499.99