I have the same bug after i changed (reformatted) the type of file system from ext3 to reiser.
Hi there,
I just installed Knoppix 5.01 on my hard drive and after a few reboots I get this strage error form grub at boot time "Inconsistent file system structure".
I managed to boot the system by using the Knoppix DVD and mounting /dev/sda1 (the boot partition 30GB/ reiser) or running "fsck /dev/sda1" without encountering any errors this time. I reboot and everything works fine. Until next time.
I don't think it's a hardware problem since my pc is quit new (few mounths old) intel 3G / 200Gb SATA Segate etc.
Anyone encontered the same problem. Any solution?
New edit:
Should I try using LILO instead?Code:ERROR 16 : Inconsistent filesystem structure.
I have the same bug after i changed (reformatted) the type of file system from ext3 to reiser.
hey! i have the same problem,i have resolved with a fsck with live cd,any one say how i can set an automatic fsck of the root on any boot or shutdown?
i have created a personalized knoppix and i can't take it to others users with this bug
and i'm the 1rst user
bye

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58