-
Does this indicate a problem with the hard drive?
If this is the wrong forum, please forgive me. Here's the story:
A friend was having trouble with her Windows XP Home Edition, which would not boot properly. When I learned that she had not made ANY backups of any of her files, I brought around my Knoppix DVD and USB stick, and booted into Knoppix. During the boot process, I saw an error message, which reoccurred on shutdown. I took a photo with my phone (hence the poor quality), and wondered if it indicates problems with the help of the drive "sda2". Although Knoppix did boot, when I went to mount sda2 in order to copy her files onto my USB stick, I got a message saying something like: "volume dirty -forcing progress", after which the mounting was successful and I was able to rescue her files onto my USB stick. Here is the error message:
http://maxqnzs.com/screenshots/error-1.jpg
Am I correct in thinking that all is not well with her HD?
-
Senior Member
registered user
in my opinion i would check with another version of knoppix and some other bootCD.
and i would also mae a check of the filesystem and check what the SMART tools say.
Similar Threads
-
By Sbui91 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-08-2007, 11:58 PM
-
By lamebums in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2006, 08:39 PM
-
By splittik in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By BigGov in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By onegear in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 08:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50