Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wireless woes

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20

    Wireless woes

    (note that I'm using Katonix, not Knoppix. But it's the same principles)
    Hey,
    After struggling with a WMP11 card, I moved to a D-link wireless adapter. In Katonix 2005-04, the internet worked fine with random tinkering with Network Card Configuration. I can connect to the internet in Easter, but the steps involved are ludacris.

    I run network card config and I pick either ath0, eth0, or eth1 (ath0 is the real card), setup wireless settings yes or no, and enabling DHCP broadcast (always yes). I have tried EVERY combination, and then eventually it will say something along the lines of "Interface enabled, do you want it auto enabled at boot?" and I do yes or no, along with the plethra of other options, until finally it MIGHT connect. I have no idea what I must do to fullfill the requirements for connecting, but it just seems random to me. Is it truly random, or is there some kind of order I should be following?

    Also, when I am connected and browsing, the Interface detected thing will randomly pop up and sometimes when I continue or exit it will disconnect, sometimes not. Can someone please clear this entire situation up, its very frustrating!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    The intermittent connection problems indicate a driver issue. You should update your install of Easter-RC4 to the latest stable kernel and, if this doesn't improve things, install windows drivers with ndiswrapper.

Similar Threads

  1. wireless woes
    By aftrshock in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 03:33 AM
  2. Wireless Woes...
    By jm47048 in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 06:27 AM
  3. Woes Using CDs
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 03:03 PM
  4. Apt-get woes
    By Shadda in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
  5. ssh woes!!!
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$20.70