Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Config? How to?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10

    Config? How to?

    How do I make my saved config files load automatically. It seems that I have to keep typing "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda5" in order for it to load. I pressed F2 to look at how everthing's set up and it says that the config file or whatever is pointed to hda1. Do I always have to type that to in order to load my config or is there another way? Please help me out. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Config? How to?

    --If you're using a boot floppy, edit the syslinux.cfg that lives on it (you can do it from windoze, otherwise you have to mount the floppy in Linux) and add that parm in as a kernel parm. No guarantees, this is just off the top of my head.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomOSX
    How do I make my saved config files load automatically. It seems that I have to keep typing "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda5" in order for it to load. I pressed F2 to look at how everthing's set up and it says that the config file or whatever is pointed to hda1. Do I always have to type that to in order to load my config or is there another way? Please help me out. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: Config? How to?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomOSX
    How do I make my saved config files load automatically. It seems that I have to keep typing "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda5" in order for it to load. I pressed F2 to look at how everthing's set up and it says that the config file or whatever is pointed to hda1. Do I always have to type that to in order to load my config or is there another way? Please help me out. Thanks.
    Take a look at this thread:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2151#10040

    I have used knoppix-customize to do just what you are asking for.


    Lou

Similar Threads

  1. How to config X
    By lotech in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 11:49 AM
  2. Where is .config for 2.6.7
    By algernon in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 11:29 PM
  3. How config FTP
    By treo in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 01:02 AM
  4. How to config FTP?
    By treo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 05:47 PM
  5. Please Post a Simple CONFIG file for Kernel Config
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00