In Knoppix 4.0.2 CD /etc/init.d/knoppix-halt -script seems to do that with command /sbin/halt -p -d -i -fOriginally Posted by danpre
And halt man-page says that option -p causes it to do a poweroff.
Hi,
I am just wondering:
How does KNOPPIX turnoff's computer?
I'm using old PEACOCK computer, KNOPPIX 5.0 LIVECD is the only distro I have checked (debian, puppy linux, dls) which turnoff computer (turns power off). I just press button TURN OFF COMPUTER in KDE
All other distros just leaves computer on with info: "halted" or "power down" and I have to press power button.
Because I'm preparing a few computers working on Debian I would like to know what magic knoppix command is so great that it turns power off.
DANIeL
In Knoppix 4.0.2 CD /etc/init.d/knoppix-halt -script seems to do that with command /sbin/halt -p -d -i -fOriginally Posted by danpre
And halt man-page says that option -p causes it to do a poweroff.
well,Originally Posted by malaire
halt -p
stops system and does'n turns off power
halt -p -d -i -f
just stops network
DANIeL

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99