-
Senior Member
registered user
After googling your error, these 2 links may indicate that bcm43xx may not work for your card yet.
The bcm43xx driver is seems to be very active on the development side. So, if it is not working yet for your card you shouldn't have long to wait.
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...05.1/1318.html
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...05.1/1333.html
I think you should try to repair ndiswrapper, after knoppix boots up. I have encryption when using that method, and dhcp which is probably more important in wireless circumstances.
If you try to fix ndiswrapper, then I must also recomend getting the kernel module source package,
which will not compile if you don't disable usb support. (You'll get an error on line 665 in usb.c)
For others with usb cards... here is a patch that fixes that one:
667c667,668
< pipe_handle->bEndpointAddress, interval);
---
> pipe_handle->bEndpointAddress,
> pipe_handle->bInterval);
You can use the "Manage Software in KNOPPIX" item found in the Knoppix -> Utilities to upgrade to these 3
ndiswrapper-common (1.23-1)
ndiswrapper-source (1.23-1)
ndiswrapper-utils-1.8
Or just get them straight here.
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...wrapper-source
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...wrapper-common
This one has a 386 and a 64 bit version...
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...pper-utils-1.8
So I would let kpackage pick 
But I found the kernel driver version 1.16 was lacking, and the source 1.23 version works, though it does emit some harmless messages in the system log when I change things around. 
If you tell kpackage to get the source for the kernel module, it will be downloaded to /usr/src
(I just copy it to the desktop and extract it there.)
go to the new folder and do a
make ; make install
Although, once you decide to upgrade the kernel module, you'll need to get the newer debhelper too
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/debhelper
In case you are wondering... I don't do this evertime I bootup, I have it in scripts that start when Knoppix loads my configs.tbz.
They add about a minute to start knoppix, but having wireless makes it worth it.
If you would like, you can email me directly and I will just send you the files to try out. You have been without wireless for too long. 
best,
john
Similar Threads
-
By keeper in forum Laptops
Replies: 13
Last Post: 02-12-2009, 11:58 PM
-
By kakabach in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-30-2006, 10:30 AM
-
By Pythonschlange in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-22-2006, 11:52 AM
-
By PatrickT in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-25-2006, 03:19 AM
-
By atomicbluefish in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00