I was also going to post this as yesterday i saw the release on freshmeat.net.
Good work.I will try it out soon.
hello
do forgive the sales pitch from a guy with 2 posts
i'm the author of iso master ( http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster ), an open source iso editor for linux. basically you can add and delete files/folders from the image using a gui.
i would like to propose that you consider using it to customise the knoppix cd. unfortunately i know 0 about how to customise a knoppix but i did create a modified image of the knoppix 5.0.1 cd image using the app and it seems to work fine. customising has got to do with adding files.. i tested that to make sure it works with knoppix.
i do hope you will find a use for iso master, and let me know if there are features you want or bugs you find
cheers
I was also going to post this as yesterday i saw the release on freshmeat.net.
Good work.I will try it out soon.
I've tested your isomaster and I think it's good.
But for the purpose of remastering, nothing much you can do with it, unless something like compress/decompress of cloop or squashfs is added to the options.
Hope that will give you some idea for upcoming version.
I disagree, this sort of program is very useful. You can use it to change lots of stuff on the ISO image (configs.tbs, knoppix.sh, minirt.gz, etc., even the compressed fs (which would need to be created externally, of course). I tried it out myself. It compiled and seemed to run ok, but crashed when I tried to save the modified ISO image. I compiled using Kubuntu 6.06. I'll give it another try with Debian unstable. So, thanks for putting this together - it's a needed app in the free software community, and it looks like it should be running smoothly soon.
hi
i am sorry, there is a bug that will make isomaster crash when writing. i'm going to release the next version within the next few days with that fixed.
thanks for the kind words
cheers
Dear mig21,
please accept my congratulation. Your ISOMASTER although it is at the begining of development, looks very promissed.
Make it the best one.
Keep your nice work!!!
(Sorry to say that I am not programmer so I can not help you it that way... If I can do anything else just let me know).
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
thanks mikekgr
are you greek? once i put in i18n support (don't know how long until then, probably more than 6 months), maybe you can translate it for me?
Dear mig21,
yes I am from Greece. Sure when you need any translation to Greek language please let me know. I will be happy to help your very nice project.
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
The 27 September (0.4) version at http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/releas...er-0.4.tar.bz2 worked fine for me. This is great, it saves me a lot of time messing around with the ParallelKnoppix live CD. Thanks!
version 0.5 is out. check it out if you're interested, i fixed some bugs and added some small features.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99