-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi
Hi, I alrweady downloaded a CD copy fo the knoppix installer. I couldnt find the Boot.img file that I needed to create the bootable floppy. COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO do the step by step procedure to make the BOOTABLE FLOPPY DISK.. I needed it for my laptop doesnt have a bootable CD drive. I only have the USB CD drive. Please help....... Otherwise, can someone please just email to me a ZIP copy of the bootable disk.... THanks...
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
See the downloading faq; use Smart Boot Manager (SBM) on a floppy rather than a Knoppix boot floppy. It not only will work and solve this problem, but it will let you boot any other Live CD also. (The old Knoppix boot floppy approach only worked for the version of Knoppix that it was created for.)
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi
Could anyone please just help me where to get it or how to do it, instead of reading back agin to the forums. For i have tried looking and could not found. I just wanted to start doing the knoppix installation now. Please!!
If anybody has a copy, kindly just send me zip copy to ccabatotan AT hotmail DOT com
Thanks....
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Hi

Originally Posted by
technogeekchris
Could anyone please just help me where to get it or how to do it, instead of reading back agin to the forums. For i have tried looking and could not found. I just wanted to start doing the knoppix installation now. Please!!
If anybody has a copy, kindly just send me zip copy to ccabatotan AT hotmail DOT com
Thanks....
Check out http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download...t_Boot_Manager
I think you need to use the DOS-version for Windows XP as there are no Windows-versions listed.
Anyway, Knoppix installation is not recommended. Maybe you should consider some other Linux Distribution like Ubuntu?
-
Junior Member
registered user
UNABLE TO SEE CD ROM
HI, I booted from the floppy on SBM but when SBM starte, THE CD ROM DRIVE WAS NOT DETECTED i can only see floppy and the 3 partitions I have created. HOW CAN I SEE THE CD ROM DRIVE.. My CD ROM IS A TEAC USB CD DRIVE... Please help so I can start the installation. THANKS...
-
Junior Member
registered user
hi
Anybody please help... how to detect my USB CD drive TEAC from SBM...
Can i just make a FAT partition and copy the KNOPPIS CD installer from there and select that partition from SBM to boot from there? is this possible... plese help...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: hi

Originally Posted by
technogeekchris
Anybody please help... how to detect my USB CD drive TEAC from SBM...
I'm sorry but I don't really know about that. 
Maybe SBM just doesn't support your USB CD drive?
Still, if you have access to another computer, you could try starting Knoppix on that computer. Then you could create the boot-floppies from Knoppix. (Once Knoppix has started, click on the penguin-icon on bottom-left of the screen and select Utilities->Create bootfloppies for KNOPPIX)
I'd still suggest some other distro than Knoppix, but if you can't boot from the USB CD drive, then I'm not sure if you could install e.g. Ubuntu either.
ps. What Knoppix version you have?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: hi

Originally Posted by
technogeekchris
Anybody please help... how to detect my USB CD drive TEAC from SBM...
Actually, I just found this help from here:
When the Smart Boot Manager's menu appears, choose the menu option with "CDROM" in it, and press Enter. (don't think you need to install SBM to the HD - you can, but you don't need to.) If the CDROM option does not appear in your boot menu, press tab to see the Smart Boot Manager options and choose Rescan all boot records. The CDROM drive should now appear in your boot menu.
EDIT: That page also says SBM also does not appear to recognize external USB cdrom drives...
-
Junior Member
registered user
any other ways
Hi, if it does not support USB CD drive, is there any other way to detect it. I want to try knoppix floppy boot disk. Can anyone just please send me acopy for i could not find it anywhere. I dotn want to touch my other machine. This is my first tym to install LINUX.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: any other ways

Originally Posted by
technogeekchris
Hi, if it does not support USB CD drive, is there any other way to detect it. I want to try knoppix floppy boot disk. Can anyone just please send me acopy for i could not find it anywhere. I dotn want to touch my other machine. This is my first tym to install LINUX.
What Knoppix-version you have? You need to tell that first before anyone could send you the boot-disks.
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By GS750 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
-
By Phantom69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-21-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell 6TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise PowerEdge H
$75.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50