-
5.0.1 Linksys WMP54G (rt2500) booting weirdness
Hi,
Not sure if this should be put in the Booting and Hardware or Networking forum, so if it's in the wrong place, my apologies.
I have a copy of 5.0.1 to try out just for kicks. I already have Windows XP SP2 and Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06.1 on the hard drive where I am booting Knoppix. As stated elsewhere by other people in other forums, botting hangs at the DHCP broadcasting portion of the boot process with no cheat codes, and at the Starting X session with the nodhcp cheatcode. I get something similar to this message:
udevd - event[3258]: wait for sysfs: waiting for 'sys/class/net/eth0/device/driver' failed
I tried every cheatcode I could think of, including noudev, noapic, expert, and debug. Same thing. Except for one cheatcode: failsafe. The failsafe boot generates the error above but charges ahead with the boot process anyway and gives me access to KDE (yay!). However, I don't have any sound, and the mouse does not work. And of course, the network card does not work either.
My question is, is there a way to get the network card to work now that I have access to KDE with a failsafe session? I noticed that the rt2500 module appears to be loaded, but not sure how to activate it. Thanks!
Take care,
Russ
Similar Threads
-
By PaulE in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2007, 07:51 AM
-
By CJWertz in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
-
By CJWertz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-01-2006, 10:00 AM
-
By szumi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2006, 04:34 PM
-
By tmtim in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module
$5.00

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$750.00

Lot of 32 Cisco GLC-T 30-1410-03 1000BASE-T SFP Transceivers
$150.00