View Poll Results: Should this post to pick the "Best" Linux distro out of a list of only 5 that lacks Debian
- Voters
- 7. You may not vote on this poll
-
It's a great post, look, a pretty chart!
-
It's about Linux, so it's on topic, leave it.
-
Pick the "best" Linux from a list of only 5? And best for what? Looks like spam to draw views to another site.
-
Junior Member
registered user
The Top Distros.....(linux/BSD)
[quote]

Originally Posted by
K.Mandla
That's funny somehow. If I had to guess, months ago when you started posting your distro-hopping experiences, I would not have even thought of Knoppix.
But that's cool. I'm with you on Ubuntu and Dreamlinux. Personally, I think DL has the potential to mature into a very strong distro.
I'll have to look closer at Knoppix and Sabayon, since they come with such strong endorsements. ...
[quote]

Originally Posted by
yozef
I am reinstalling Sabayon...I miss the bling...
I honestly believe Sabayon will be the distro to put OS X and windows to shame....Sabayon is the first serious Linux OS contender....Dreamlinux is nice also but isn't quite there yet....they will be soon...
The thing with Sabayon is you really need the latest and greatest in hardware and lots of space....this is why the future belongs to Sabayon....
If you want to see the future of operating systems try Sabayon today...
If you want to see what OS X could be if it was GNU + Linux try Dreamlinux....
If you want unrivaled reliability, a true technical gem in the Linux world stick with Knoppix.
If you want a reliable OS, with a wonderful community, stick with Ubuntu.
If you want to dabble in BSD, then try PC-BSD.
1. Sabayon Linux
2. Dreamlinux
3. Knoppix
4. Ubuntu
5. PC-BSD
__________________________________________________ __________________________
The following poll will be posted in multiply forums to get better percentages:

The Top Distros (Linux/BSD) are listed below; which do you like the best or
feel has the most potential? (click an item to vote, you can make multiple choices)
[*]Sabayon Linux
[*]Dreamlinux
[*]Knoppix
[*]Ubuntu
[*]PC-BSD
Similar Threads
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By altella2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:20 AM
-
By dewd in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By estranged in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$799.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00