There is no another one interested in usb2 support in knoppix?
it's incredible!..
Where do you save your /home/knoppix or your data? in floppydisks?
I have an external Fujitsu handy drive where I mount /home/knoppix, but it is mounted only as usb1. Redhat 9.0 mounts it as a usb2 drive, and is really faster on disk transference and directory browsing.
I think there is a lot of people with same problem. usb1 is too slow for disk storage system.
It is planned to add usb2 support on knoppix before kernel 2.6?
There is no another one interested in usb2 support in knoppix?
it's incredible!..
Where do you save your /home/knoppix or your data? in floppydisks?
I dont think anyone knows. Can you find out what redhat did to it's kernel to make it work?Originally Posted by toni
the kernel KNOPPIX used should have support for USB2(though everyone said that 2.5 is much better for USB2, IEEE394 etc.). It could be that the loading sequence of the driver that affect this, like the USB 1.1 driver being loaded(and used), instead of the high speed driver.
Look, if tehre is loaded a ehci-hcd module, lsmod function. If not, try insmod ehci-hcd.
But first check if you have USB 2.0 port, and your device support it.
The standard knoppix-autoconfig does not load ehci-hcd at all, only uhci, ohciOriginally Posted by Pasq
I don't know why, but sometime, on my laptop with PCMCIA USB 2.0, ehci-hcd is loaded, and sometimes not. It is strange, but it is worth to try.
Yes, I have a usb2 controller card, and a usb2 hard disk (Fujitsu handy drive 40 GB), and in redhat9 it has high speed like a usb2 (perhaps 10 MB/s), and module ehci-usb is loaded.
In last knoppix cd's, this drive runs well, but it has only usb1.1 speed. It is very slowly if you use this as a primary drive and/or open directories on it. Only uhci-usb module are loaded (not ehci-usb).
I have read that redhat have a kernel 2.4.21-pre that has a patch from kernel 2.5 and thus it's speed.
Mmmm. Anyway, i don't know if knoppix have usb2 compiled in kernel or as a module, or not. It's seems not.
I have found part of the answer in knoppix mailing list:
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...il/002676.html
Although i have said, i think that knoppix is a superb linux distribution.
ehci-hcd is compiled as a module, just run insmod ehci-hcd if it isn't loaded on start. what version of knoppix do you have ?
I will try it. It is possible to run it automatically on start?
Thank you.
I have knoppix version KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-05-03-EN.iso

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Lot of 5x SFP-10G-LR CISCO 10-2457-02 10GBASE-LR SFP+ Transceiver
$75.00
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00