-
a
Without customization and remastering, I don't think so.
-
It works!!
>Without customization and remastering, I don't think so.
Then... It works!!!
Thank you.
lsmod show no ehci module loaded. Then i do:
root@ttyp0[knoppix]# insmod ehci-hcd
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/usb/hcd/ehci-hcd.o
doing lsmod again, i have first module is ehci:
root@ttyp0[knoppix]# lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
ehci-hcd 14696 0 (unused)
and, efectively, if i copy a 45 MB file from /mnt/sda1 to /tmp, it does at about 8-9 MB/s. It is more speed than is capable usb1.
I don't understand how it works, but it works.
And it seems that usb2 support will be better in next kernel version 2.4.21.
-
a
I don't think, that it will be beter, it is good enough, it is only a matter of loading property module. If you installed your own linux, you could compile USB2.0 support into the kernel.
-
some problems
Well, loading usb2 kernel module using insmod, works, but latelly i have some problems.
I use /home/knoppix on a usb2 drive, and have a directory like /home/knoppix/programs. I have added a line in .bashrc to load usb2. The problem is that in some cases, when I shutdown system, it is not cleanly unmounted, and next time i boot, there is nothing on /home/knoppix/programs -nor i can write nothing in it-, and i have to check /home/knoppix partition (knoppix.img). After check it, all works fine again (all missed in /home/knoppix/programs, "re-appear").
I suposse it is problem from usb2 module that not works as fine as usb1 module. Because using usb1 i had no problems.
Maybe solution will be usb2 in kernel 2.4.21?
Similar Threads
-
By watar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 11:24 AM
-
By tony177 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 10:57 AM
-
By timread in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:12 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum News
Replies: 53
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99