NVM:P
Working now...
I only need
ndiswrapper-common
ndiswrapper-utils
To Moderators delete this Topic ;)
Cya
~Reks;)
Hi.
I have knoppix 5, dwl-520+
I have error if give 'modprobe ndiswrapper'
in dmesg i haveCode:root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -i /home/knoppix/dwl520/Drivers/WinXP/AIRPLUS.INF Installing airplus root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -l Installed ndis drivers: airplus driver present, hardware present root@1[knoppix]# modprobe ndiswrapper FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid argument
I tested with 'ndiswrapper -m' and etc. but still dont work;/Code:ndiswrapper version 1.16 loaded (preempt=yes,smp=yes) ndiswrapper (wrapper_init:134): loadndiswrapper failed (256); check system log for messages from 'loadndisdriver' ndiswrapper (wrapper_init:141): ndiswrapper: initialization failed
I still searchs 'answer' in others Topic but if you can help me.... ;)
cyu
~Reks;)
NVM:P
Working now...
I only need
ndiswrapper-common
ndiswrapper-utils
To Moderators delete this Topic ;)
Cya
~Reks;)
Actually.. Please don't delete...... asked this very same thing last week, and got no answer.
I'm a noob *nix user........ So can you elaborate a bit..... You just typed ndiswrapper -common then ndiswrapper -utils?? Can you breifly explain what that is??
Thanks alot
I think what he meant is to apt-get ndiswrapper-common, as follows:
open a root shell: k->knoppix->root shell
then type: apt-get update &&apt-get -t unstable install ndiswrapper-common
then try using ndiswrapper, modprobe etc.
This will get you a updated ndiswrapper, although YMMV.
HTH
I got exactly the same problem and i created a topic on this forum, plz help me, i'm getting crazyOriginally Posted by Patonb
![]()
Ive been stuck with the same exact problem, my box is updating as we speak...may i ask, am i updating ndiswrapper? or the kernal...well if anyone else is having the problem, either try a different driver or ensure that you type exactly what rusty posted:
then type: apt-get update &&apt-get -t unstable install ndiswrapper-common
ill let everyone know how it goes
: )
nope didnt work, still the same error after the modprobe ndiswrapper...im going to uninstall ndiswrapper and reinstall it...not sure if thats going to work but it wont hurt...heres the link http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m....php/Uninstall
good luck
Hi. Having the same issue. I'm on live Knoppix 5 using WUSB54GS. Loaded drivers for the card. On ndiswrapper -l i get driver and hardware present. When I go to modprobe ndiswrapper i get FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko) Invalid argument.
Hope there's a solution to this. This error happens with a lot of other WiFi cards, so at least it's not the hardware and driver combination, something's got to be up with ndiswrapper...
S

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
*Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3 Network Security Firewall Appliance* Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3
$64.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$249.99
$170.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99