Ok, I recently ran update and spent a few hours updating Knoppix. When I rebooted, I tried to login and it acted like it was going to do something, but then the screen went blank and the login screen came back on again. I've changed the session type, but nothing, other than the failsafe, works. What is causing this problem, and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for any help!
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage NeXTstation N1100 Computer Workstation w HDD & FDD Steve Jobs Powers On
$299.95
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99