-
I have the same problem. Except I have about four machines that I am running Knoppix on, and all of these I have installed using the script. Basically, if I run it in text mode then I have a much higher chance of sucess, but generally the script will fail some where between 10% and 60%, of copying the files.
On one of the machines I had to re-try 8 times before the install actually worked. Needless to say, this is quite time consuming.
Considering that the command within the script to copy across the files is a simple 'cp', then I am guessing that the script just doesn't have proper error checking. It appears to me that there is no easy way around this.
I am currently using the knoppix 3.2 released in march. I seriously think that there is a problem with how knoppix is using the cdrom. I know on my CD at home after a couple of days of uptime I will no longer be able to access the CD, it will compain that "file system not recongised", and it will require me to reboot the system.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is there any work around that I could do that would fix this up?
Matt
Similar Threads
-
By germ240 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 10:55 PM
-
By ivansv in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 02:41 PM
-
By thadk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 04:25 AM
-
By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 05:50 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99