Hello, I have a bash script named newpw I got from another forum:
it executes as newpw knoppix 123456 where 123456 is the new password
#!/bin/bash
# \
exec expect -f "$0" ${1+"$@"}
set password [lindex $argv 1]
spawn passwd [lindex $argv 0]
expect "assword:"
send "$password\r"
expect "assword:"
send "$password\r"
expect eof
It seems to execute OK when I chmod to 777 newpw. However the new password is not taking. When I try to ftp into the machine the only password that works is one I set up by executing passwd knoppix at the command line directly. Any ideas on how to get this to work? Thanks

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00