-

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
When you get to the type of install question (much later), select the "Desktop install" option and turn off any other option (you can install other things later).[/list]
You'll end up installing Debian, and can install anything included in Knoppix easily with apt-get, will have a much more stable system, and will get past these issues of formatting the disk.
Yes, there are other ways to get past the problem that you are posting about, but I don't want to encourage a problem prone Knoppix install by talking about them.
I've mostly been looking into other distributions, but at the moment Knoppix was the only Linux distro I could load. I was mostly trying to use Knoppix as a way to delete Windows and then switch to another distribution later. In any case, thank you, I was hoping there would be a way to install something while telling my PC to wipe itself out. I just want Windows out of my computer for good.
Similar Threads
-
By Mikefive in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-21-2007, 04:08 PM
-
By lbthrice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
-
By bread in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-27-2006, 04:27 AM
-
By DrWhom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:17 PM
-
By jc01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 03:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00